When you buy auto parts do you know the difference between after-market and OEM (original equipment manufacture) parts? Here is one example with Ford brakes. You won't buy after-market again.
FMVSS testing is a set of procedures that evaluates stopping and fade. The testing includes:
- At high speed, low speed and different intervals
- At the maximum gross vehicle weight and at light loads
- At extreme brake temperatures with minimum recovery time between tests
- Under partial system failure conditions such as losing power assist if engine stalls (i.e. ran out of gas)
There is also durability testing that evaluates friction performance by:
- Thousands of miles of urban & suburban real world braking
- Must meet minimum wear, noise, dust, and vibration requirements
- Dyno testing = Laboratory evaluation of effects of temperature, speed, pressure, thermal history, and water on friction level
When using OE parts from Motorcraft, you are really installing a higher quality and more thoroughly tested product. Find Motorcraft parts at your local Ford dealership.