Serious Mustang enthusiasts can now maximize their cars potential with custom tunes. Yet getting the perfect tune can be a challenge. Brooks Speed offers custom Mustang GT and Shelby GT500 tunes to make it easy. Check them out.
Brooks Speed offers a variety of tunes that can be loaded with the popular tuning hardware products like SCT, Diablosport, HPTuners, and others. They can work with both stock and custom car setups (using SCT Live Link).
There are many advantages to using a custom tune setup according to the Brooks Speed Mustang Tuning page like:
- Increase Horsepower and Torque
- Improve Throttle Response
- Increase Fuel Economy
- Improve Drivibility
- Optimized Automatic Transmission Shifting
- Raise, Lower, or Remove Speed Limiter and Rev Limiters
- Eliminate Torque Reductions / Torque Management
- Disable Passive Anti-Theft (PATS) system
- Adjust for alternate fuels like E85
Mustang GT and Shelby GT Tuning
Brooks Speed says that Mustang tuning is their passion. In fact, they claim to have some of the fastest Mustangs around including some that have broken records. They can provide two types of tunes: Brooks Speed Custom tune (stock and mildly modified) or a Remote Tune (serious modifications). In each case, you can modify the tune based on your preferences.
Their tunes work on the following Electronic Fuel Injected Mustangs that use a MAF sensor.
- 1994-2004 Mustang V6 3.8L SOHC
- 2005-2010 Mustang V6 4.0L SOHC
- 2011-2013 Mustang V6 TiVCT 3.7L DOHC
- 1989-1993 Mustang GT/LX 5.0L (Foxbody)
- 1994-1995 Mustang GT (SN-95)
- 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4.6L 2V SOHC
- 2001 Mustang Bullitt 4.6L 2V SOHC
- 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1 4.6L 4V DOHC
- 2005-2010 Mustang GT 4.6L 3V SOHC
- 2011-2013 Mustang GT & Boss 302 5.0L TiVCT 4V DOHC Coyote
SVT Mustang Cobras
- 1993 SVT Mustang Cobra 5.0L (Foxbody)
- 1994-1995 SVT Mustang Cobra 5.0L & 1995 Cobra R 5.8L (SN-95)
- 1996-1998 SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6L 4V DOHC
- 2000 SVT Mustang Cobra R 5.4L 4V DOHC
- 1999, 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6L 4V DOHC
- 2003-2004 SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6L 4V DOHC Supercharged
- 2007-2012 Shelby GT500 Mustang 5.4L DOHC
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Mustang 5.8L DOHC
Brooks Speed tunes retail from $100-350 depending on your needs. Contact Eric Brooks at www.brooksspeed.com for more information.
Have you tuned your Mustang? What did you use and how did it go?